I’m an entrepreneur, open source evangelist, a technology guy interested in everything engineering!. I’m also married to my lovely wife Sinar and currently living in Egypt, a country I’m proud of being part of.
I’ve been in the IT industry since 2001 and recently I co-founded Cloud Niners Ltd. Also founder of noZom.org, It all started when I was in high school and things just kept going and evolving, and here I am.
Ah, I almost forgot. I’m currently working on my masters degree of Computer science and Systems Engineering.
- 1999/2000 1st Award of “Egyptian Ministry of Education” competition for students among Egyptian schools for the two years.
- 2001 ThinkQuest Semifinalist. a Website with the name “History Of The Holy Jerusalem”.
- 2001 Certification of Excellence in High School from The Egyptian Engineers Syndication for score 97.5%.
- 2002 1st Award in Egypt Ministry Of High Education (youth Week in Assiut) in programming.
- 2008 The Most Effective and Creative founder in CATReloaded (Computer Assistance Team in Mansoura University).
Programming Languages and Technologies
- C/C++, GNU C, *Nix programming
- Python 2.x/3.x
- OCaml, Lisp
- Java J2SE, GWT, GWT-Ext, Scala, Groovy
- Design Patterns
- Shell Scripting (Bash/Korn/Bourne)
- SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, Tokyocabinet, TokyoTyrant, Flare
- 2003 Red Hat Certified Technician, Redhat Linux 9
- 2004 Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHEL 3
- 2007 Sun Certified Java Programmer for Java 5
Presentations and Seminars
- 2003 Windows vs. Linux
- 2004 The Open Source Approach
- 2005 Linux Installation Festival
- 2006 XML And Related Technologies
- 2006 SELinux (Security-Enhanced Linux)
- 2006 Leadership
- 2007 Secure Shell - SSH
- 2007 Get That Job (CV, Interviews)
- 2007 Web 2.0
- 2008 Introduction To Algorithms
- 2010 Geniuses are made, not born
- 2011 Introduction to Cloud Computing
- 2011 iPhone vs. Android
Open Source Contributions
- Mozilla ReMo in Egypt
- Fedora Ambassador in Egypt.
- Wine (Windows Emulator) Arabic Support. (C++)
- Mplayer Arabic Subtitles Hack. (C++)
- Anti-NetCut 2 For Linux - Python.
- cppThreads (C++ Wrapper of POSIX Threading) (Project Lead) - C++
- SCMP (Scalable Community Messaging Platform) (Project Lead) - Java
- Thread-Safe Red-Black Trees Implementation in C++ (Highly Generic, Highly Efficient)
- Web2py enterprise python web development framework. (patching and bug fixing) (Python)
- j25 framework (Python)
if you are interested in my resume, kindly contact me on me [at] ahmedsoliman.com